Jeff Sessions is among the worst of Trump’s cabinet picks. His presence as Attorney General would undermine the Justice Department’s efforts to support civil rights. Representatives Suzanne Bonamici, Jim Himes, Joe Kennedy, and Kathleen Rice have put together a list of his troubling track record. Sign their petition against Sessions today.
- Sessions supports disenfranchising voters and opposed the Voting Rights Act.
- Sessions was rejected by the Senate in 1986 for a federal judgeship for making racist jokes about supporting the KKK.
- Sessions has a clear anti-LGBT agenda, campaigning vigorously against marriage equality, against gays in the military, and against ending workplace discrimination.
- Sessions has rejected protections for hate crime victims who are targeted because of their gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
- Sessions opposed the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.
- Sessions supports Trump’s extreme ideas like “the wall” and his Muslim registry ban.