Betsy DeVos, Trump’s nominee for Secretary of Education, is phenomenally unqualified for the job. She has no education policy background, has never taught, and has never attended public school or sought public education for anyone else in her family. If three Republican Senators join the 48 Senate Democrats in opposing her during her hearing on January 31, the appointment will not go forward.
Below is a list of Republican Senators who have expressed doubts about DeVos. Call at least one of them today to express your opposition to her nomination.
- Susan Collins (ME) 207.622.8414
- Lamar Alexander (TN) 615.736.5129
- Lisa Murkowski (AK) 907.586.7277
- Johnny Isakson (GA) 770.661.0999
- Orrin Hatch (UT) 801.524.4380
- Richard Burr (NC) 336.631.5125
- Michael Enzi (WY) 202.224.3424
- Dr. Bill Cassidy (LA) 202.224.5824
- Pat Roberts (KS) 202.224.4774
- Tim Scott (SC) 202.224.6121
- Rand Paul (KY) 202.224.4343